Invisalign is a top option for teens and adults who need to have their teeth straightened. This straightening system carries many of the benefits of traditional braces, but it does so without the inconvenience of wires and brackets in the mouth.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system employs a series of clear, plastic trays to gradually straighten crooked and misaligned teeth. Each tray takes the straightening process a step further in the same manner as traditional braces. Computer imaging technology is used to develop 3-D digital images of the patient’s mouth. Those 3-D images are used to custom-fabricate unique straightening trays for each patient.
What are the Advantages of Invisalign?
Invisalign has five advantages that make it a popular choice for many:
- Better comfort – Since the aligning trays are made of smooth plastic material, they will feel comfortable inside your mouth. You will not need to experience the poking of wires and brackets on the inside of your mouth for up to three years.
- Better treatment time – Invisalign will produce the same results in 9-15 months that traditional wire braces often take 2-3 years to produce.
- Better aesthetics – Anyone who has worn metal braces is familiar with the jokes and teasing that accompany the braces. Invisalign aligner trays are made of transparent material and are basically invisible. Most people will never know that you are wearing them.
- Better menu – With traditional metal braces, there is an infamously long list of foods, drinks, and candies that you are supposed to avoid. There is no list whatsoever with the Invisalign system. When it is time to eat, you simply remove the aligner tray and eat the foods that you love. After the meal, you simply place the tray back in.
- Better oral hygiene – When your mouth is full of wires and brackets, thorough oral hygiene can be intimidating. Brushing and flossing around all of the metal can be difficult. With the Invisalign system, you will experience no such problems. When you need to brush, floss, and rinse, you can simply remove the straightening trays and do a thorough job. Replace the trays when you are finished.
Call Dr. Oser and set up a consultation at Your All American Smile Center and let us show you how the Invisalign system can literally change your life! We are helping people beautify their smiles throughout Southlake, North Richland Hills, Grapevine, Haslet, and the surrounding area.