What is the Purpose of Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a popular and efficient treatment option for dental patients who need to repair chipped or stained teeth. It has become a sought after treatment because it is simple, it is flexible, and it is long-lasting.
What is A Porcelain Veneer?
These are ultra-thin shells made of porcelain. The thin shell is cemented to the front of teeth that are damaged. Because these shells match the color of natural teeth, they blend right in with your existing natural teeth. The treatment requires skill to produce the best result, but Dr. Oser has the training and experience to successfully perform the skillful application of veneers.
What are the Advantages of Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers have become the treatment of choice for many patients because of several clear benefits:
- The enamel color matches your natural teeth and makes the veneers virtually invisible to most people.
- Veneers resist cigarette, coffee, and tea stains.
- Veneers brighten your smile by appearing as healthy, white teeth.
- Veneers can be repaired easily when compared with other treatment options to be considered.
- Veneers require the removal of only minimal tooth structure.
- Veneers can be applied with only mild levels of discomfort.
When Are Porcelain Veneers the Right Choice?
- When the patient needs to correct crooked or uneven teeth.
- When the patient needs to restore broken or chipped teeth.
- When the patient has stained teeth that need to be brightened.
- When the patient needs to cover stained fillings from earlier dental treatments.
- When the patient needs to cover gaps between natural teeth.
What is the Process for Porcelain Veneers?
First, the dentist will meet with you to determine what your goals are. He will then help you establish a plan to accomplish those goals. Once the plan is established, the dentist will take x-rays and make an impression of the teeth that will be treated. The impression he makes will be sent to a lab to manufacture custom veneers for you. While the veneers are being manufactured, the dentist will set an appointment for you during which he will prepare your teeth to have the veneers applied. This preparation will involve the removal of a thin layer of tooth enamel from those teeth that will be receiving the veneers. Finally, the dentist will use the last appointment to apply the veneers to your teeth using a special bonding agent.
The final result will be a beautifully restored smile that will have you beaming for years to come!