An overview for the oral surgery that we provide is, if a tooth can't be restored, we're able to take it out for them. Most importantly, we can give them an option of how to heal really, really well. Some people might have heard of dry sockets. We totally enable to prevent that with something called PRF, that's platelet rich fiber.
That is obtained by drawing your own blood. And then we spin it down and then we let it go, when it spins down, the top part of it is your own stem cells and your own growth factors separated from the blood. And then we put that, back in as a bone graft, where the tooth used to be. So once you loose a tooth, the gum tissue and the bone heal in one of two ways.
hey heal without the ARP, without a bone graft or with. Without a bone graft, the healing process is a shrinking process and you don't have much bone, the bone shrinks. It heals but it shrinks. So you don't have an option of replacing it with an implant later on. But if you have the bone graft there with your own stem cells and your own growth factors, then the body heals by generating, regenerating bone where the root used to be.
So now you have a good foundation for future restorative work.
Our Keller, TX doctors recommend oral surgery only when it’s absolutely necessary to improve your oral and even overall health. You can trust Dr. Oser, Dr. Pickett, and our caring staff to provide you with services that will:
- Relieve any pain you’re experiencing
- Halt current dental problems that are affecting your smile
- Prevent dental issues that would require further treatments
- Provide you with stronger, healthier, and more attractive teeth and gums
Your comfort and well-being are our top priorities during any oral surgical procedure. Call 817-440-3608 to visit our Keller, TX dentist office, where Your All American Smile Center team is ready to help you through every step of any treatment!
Keeping Your Health And Smile In Check With Oral Surgery
While considering our oral surgery options, remember that your comfort always comes first. Oral surgery isn’t the most fun thing to discuss, but your healthier smile will be well worth the time spent relaxing in one of our comfortable chairs.
Your All American Smile Center also offers safe sedation options to make sure your visit is as stress-free as possible. You can request it for any of the following oral surgery procedures we offer in our Keller, TX dental office:
- Tooth Removal/Extractions – If you have any damaged teeth that we can’t save, one of our doctors will gently remove them to benefit the rest of your smile. You will feel no pain during the procedure, and we will discuss tooth replacement options with you afterward, such as bridges, dentures, and dental implants.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal – Dr. Oser and Dr. Pickett work with another trusted dentist to provide the best treatment for removing your wisdom teeth, which can cause serious problems for the rest of your smile and unnecessary pain if left in place.
- Bone Grafts – Bone grafts are used to strengthen your jawbone so you can better receive dental implants. Implants will not only strengthen and beautify your smile but will also prevent bone deterioration in the years to come.
- A-PRF (Advanced Platelet Rich Fibrin) – This treatment greatly speeds up your healing process. A sample of your own blood is taken and placed in a special centrifuge to separate out stem cells and growth factors. Your own stem cells and growth factors are then applied to a recently treated areas of your mouth, which will help the tissue heal much faster without any additives.
Call 817-440-3608 to schedule a consultation with the American Dental Association members, Dr. Oser or Dr. Pickett today at our welcoming Keller, TX dentist office. You can also book a visit or ask us any questions through our easy online form. Your All American Smile Center look forward to providing you with gentle and beneficial dental care that will help your smile for years to come!